Thursday 9 July 2009

Back from vacation

After some well deserved vacation, I'm back home again. Together with my boyfriend, I've been to a few music festivals (Peace & Love in Borlänge Sweden and Roskilde in Denmark), both times with the main objective to see Faith no More. I can recommend anyone who likes their music to get tickets to one of their shows immediately, they were absolutely amazing and gave quite a show. After our visit to Denmark we managed to squeeze in a visit to my parents in law and a trip to Gothenburg (Göteborg).

I'm happy to see that the number of foreign visitors on this blog are increasing, I welcome you all. I've therefore chosen to shift the written language to english so that more people are able to understand the contributions to the blog.

I'm still having problems with my digital camera, it keeps insisting that the batteries needs reloading (even if they are new) :( This means that you'll have to wait a while for pictures taken of our home. It still looks quite empty, though. Since we moved in here I decided I wouldn't put up any things I didn't like and I've promised myself not to buy anything unless I really want it. In the meantime I'd like to show you room by room how I intend to decorate them. You are all very welcome to make suggestions if you have an idea you think would suit me.

Below you'll see a collection of pictures presenting various items I wish to acquire for the livingroom:

Photo: Broarne


There are three large windows in the room, all situated on the same wall. In the window in the middle I'd like to use a box such as this one as a flower pot, in which I can grow an olive tree or maybe an orange tree.


Source: Unknown


In the other two windows I´d like some stylish lamps, such as this one. Since the room is very bright I'd like the lamp shades to be darker to contrast and make the room cosier.


Photo: Baazar.se


I like this cabinet made of bamboo in which I could store our huge film collection (all films are still kept in moving boxes waiting for appropriate storage). In my dreams I would also get two old leather suitcases of different sizes to put on top of the cabinet. I think it gives a room such a romantic feel.


Photo: Maisons du Monde


I love Maisons du Monde and this huge wall clock (1 m in diameter) is a favourite. We've actually already bought this one and I can assure you that it looks just as faboulous in real life. Neither of us are handy, so it lays on the floor at the moment until we get some assistance and can mount it on the wall.



Photo: Maisons du Monde


Theese are the ceiling lamps I've chosen for the living room. I like the raw industrial feel, still they have a classic design which is easy to incorporate with the rest of the decor.


Photo: Newport.se


Newport must be my favourite store in Sweden. This tripod lamp is one of the lamps I like the most. Actually, to be honest I've really fallen for most things on three legs (no pun intended), especially floor lamps.

Photo: Newport.se

This is a slightly more expensive lamp than the one above, but with a little more edge. If I don't consider the price this is the lamp of my choise for the room. However, I think I prefer it in copper and brown instead of black and chrome...

Source: Unknown

We've already got a loveseat, but since I can't show you a picture of it I thought I'd show you a similar model. It looks almost like the one with stripes above, except without the stripes and in a mocca brown color.

Photo: Furniturebox.se

Lastly, I've shown this picture before. This is our sofa (even though it looks grey on the picture, it's actually more of a sand beige tone). It's really big and comfy and with a few cushions who wouldn't want to take a nap in this beauty?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin